Venue & Event Packages
**All Wedding Packages can be customized. Contact us for more details**
Your 50 Guest Indoor Wedding Package:
Venue Rental$3,650 Saturday RateIncludes:
• Use of Inn + Lawn for 6 Hours
• Use of all 3 Dining Rooms, in addition to the General Store, & Event Sunroom
• Exclusive use of Grooms Lounge + Private Bathroom
• Bridal Party Dressing Room + Private Bathroom
• Bride and Groom can spend their wedding night in our bridal suite for no additional costs (Saturday Weddings Only)
• Complimentary Champagne for the Bridal Suite for Saturday and Destination Weddings
• Book your Destination Wedding within 7 days of touring and receive a complimentary copy of the Historic Boxwood Inn Wedding Yearbook.
Decor from Hampton Roads Event Rentals$550Includes:
• Round Tables
• Linens for Dining Room Tables in Your Choice of Color
• Rectangle Tables + Head Tables & Food Tables
• Bride & Groom Sweetheart Table with Linens
• Ceremony Chairs
• 12x15 Wooden Dance Floor
• Wedding Arch - Many Styles to Choose From
• Complimentary White Indoor Dining Room Linens
Planning & Coordination for Month of Wedding$1,200**Includes:
• Assistance with setup/breakdown, timing, & directing guests
• Ensure everyone is on schedule and has everything they need
• Several additional services available
Optional: China, Glassware, & Cutlery Upgrade+$250Includes:
• Your selection from a wide assortment of colors, styles, and patterns.
**We require an approved wedding planner to be onsite during your wedding. If you have already selected one, we will be happy to remove that from the package. A $300 day of coordinator option also available for weddings under 100 people (6 hours max).
Your wedding is a historic time in your life.
The Historic Boxwood Inn is all about a good story. Our venue has been a historic centerpiece of Lee Hall since 1896 and has house W.C. Fields, General “Blackjack” Perishing, America’s first four-star General, as well as many other interesting guests in our long past.
We invite you to fall in love with our historic property as well as write your own chapter in the rich history our estate holds. Transport your guests back to the height of the 1800s with our genuine and historic feel, clean and pristine edge filled with fresh paint, polished antiques and the rich smell of original hardwood. We offer many intimate spaces for you to spend time and explore with your guests like our perfectly maintained General Store and Tea Room.
Let Us Set the stage.
Our highly trained and professional staff boasts over 45 years of experience with hundreds of successful events. We can offer:
- A single contact for your vendors and providers to simplify the planning process.
- A list of pre-approved caterers (but…) we are more happy to work with your certified and insured caterer of choice.
- Our Catering Partners can accommodate any dietary needs your guests may have.
- List of local entertainers such as Vocalist and Jazz Groups.
The State of Virginia requires a posted license for serving alcohol so some caterers will have an ABC license that you can use, but if you would prefer to bring your own choice of beverages you can obtain a one-day license yourself at the provided link. We find this to be a popular choice for many of our guests.
We always supply white tablecloths for all tables but also with our long-standing partnership with Hampton Roads Event Rentals we can offer
- Discounted pricing on a selection of colored tablecloths.
- 5% off tent and place settings.
- Free delivery and pick-up for all Rentals.
While you Assemble the perfect cast of characters.
Our convenient location near Warwick Boulevard and Jefferson Avenue provide easy access to Interstate 64 for those traveling on the road and we have overnight staff available to guests arriving at night, with plenty of free onsite parking.
We offer a “Destination in Style Wedding Package, which includes:
- Overnight accommodations in four historic suites.
(This can be for family and guest arriving from out of town.)
- Rehearsal dinner on premises.
- Optional Catered morning brunch.
- Bride and Bridesmaid dressing room in a separate wing.
- Groom and Groomsmen prepare in a comfortable, private lounge.
- Free delivery and pick-up for all Rentals.
While rain can happen, you don’t need to worry because we always have a plan in place. We work with your coordinator to accommodate seamlessly. Also, at the Historic Boxwood Inn, we appreciate our Armed Forces and understand that deployments and official obligations can come in a moments notice, so we strive to accommodate for reschedules due to these circumstances.
To capture Your beginning.
One thing we hold as tradition here is our “Extra Toast for the Train.” For each train that may pass, locals believe it is good luck to offer an additional toast in honor of the event. The last time a train went unnoticed, it ended up buried on the grounds. Be sure to ask us about this unique story…
At the end of each year, we release our annual, “Chapters of Our Story” book, just in time for Christmas. This book is filled with the wonderful events we had the privilege of hosting that year. This is a chance for you to forever write your names in our long story as you embark on the next chapter of your own story.